1 lawsuit dropped accusing Ronaldo of rape, another active

LAS VEGAS — A lawsuit filed last September in Nevada state court accusing Cristiano Ronaldo of rape has been dropped by a woman who alleges the soccer star paid her $375,000 to keep quiet about a 2009 Las Vegas hotel penthouse encounter.

But a federal lawsuit filed in January by the same woman is still active, and Las Vegas police say their investigation of the allegations remains open.

Ronaldo lawyer Peter Christiansen declined Wednesday to comment about the voluntary dismissal of the state lawsuit last month.

The woman's lawyer, Leslie Mark Stovall, didn't immediately respond to telephone and email messages.

Ronaldo plays in Italy for the Turin-based based soccer club Juventus.

It's not clear if he was ever legally served with the state lawsuit or if he received documents in the federal case.

Related News

Swedish prosecutors not ready to decide on...

Mar 15, 2017

US-ECUADOR-SWEDEN-ASSANGE:Swedish prosecutors not ready to decide on Assange, waiting on translation

Report says 1,100 complaints of child abuse made...

Mar 17, 2017

US-AUSTRALIA-ABUSE:Report says 1,100 complaints of child abuse made against Australia's Anglican...

In Duterte's Davao, China's vice premier...

Mar 17, 2017

US-PHILIPPINES-CHINA:In Duterte's Davao, China's vice premier prioritizes deals over disputes

Tokyo 2020 golf venue votes to admit women members

Mar 20, 2017

US-OLYMPICS-TOKYO-GOLF:Tokyo 2020 golf venue votes to admit women members

IOC welcome Tokyo 2020 golf venue u-turn on women...

Mar 21, 2017

US-OLYMPICS-TOKYO-GOLF:IOC welcome Tokyo 2020 golf venue u-turn on women members

Come down from pulpit to deal with sexual abuse,...

Mar 23, 2017

US-VATICAN-ABUSE:Come down from pulpit to deal with sexual abuse, Catholic leaders told

Sign up now!

About Us

Who doesn’t love gossip? E-Rumor Mill grinds the news and gossip to keep reader's well-entertained.

Contact us: sales[at]e-rumormill.com

Subscribe Now!

Quick Links

HomePress